Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

This is the second Father's Day that we spent at the Washington Brewers Festival ( http://www.washingtonbeer.com/wabf.htm ) at Saint Edward State Park. The cost to get in includes your cup and 6 tokens (for 6 tastes of the more than 150 beers!). I pay only $8 (designated driver) and get to drink all the water and rootbeer I want. Woo hoo! And this is about the only place where kids and alcohol can be anywhere near each other. Washington is a strange place. In fact, before heading in we had to sign a waiver because we had a minor with us.

But the real reason for my post is this:

They had food vendors there and we actually had some decent thai food for lunch. But then I noticed a place selling chocolate dipped fruit on a stick. Sounds ok except that they refer to themselves as the "home of the dingleberry"!! Here is the definition of a dingleberry that I found online at MSN Encarta:

din·gle·ber·ry [ díng g'l bèrree ] (plural din·gle·ber·ries)
noun
Definition:

small piece of dried feces: a small piece of dried feces that clings to the hair or fur near the anus ( slang )

Is this a place where you want to eat? I think not.

And on a side note - Dave blew a .093 right before we left. Thank goodness for me, his DD. Hope your Father's Day was fun!

No comments: