Thursday, May 28, 2009

THE bed!

I finally found the fire truck bed for Harrison!! Well, I've found it numerous times but I was always the second one to respond so missed out on a couple of them this past month. If you buy them new they'll set you back anywhere from $150-250. There was no way I was doing that so I've been searching my very favorite website, Craigs List, for a deal. I was willing to spend $75 (while Dave said $100). I know I can sell it on Craigs List when we're done and get our money back. So many of them recently have been 40+ miles from our house and at least $100. BUT this one was only 5 miles from home and $60! When I told her I didn't want her mattress (ick!) she immediately knocked the price down a bit. NICE! Then she discovered that the light doesn't work (blessing in disguise I'd say) and there are some scratches on the bed (comes with the territory of buying used). When I got to her house today I offered her $50 and she said "how about $45?" SOLD! Can you believe that?! So I've cleaned it all off and we're just waiting for Daddy to get home from work so he can put it together for us. Yippee!! Check back soon for photos.

Update: This is our first photo - I just built the bed. But now he doesn't want the mattress in it. He says maybe he'll sleep in it in a few days. Oh my ~ please say this isn't going to turn out like the "I'll use the potty on my 3rd birthday" thing we went through two months ago!

No comments: