Thursday, November 17, 2011

Flat Harrison has arrived in Belgium!

Dear Harrison,
I made it to Belgium!!! It was a long flight and with the time difference I was very tired for a few days. Did you know that Belgium is 9 hours ahead, which means while you are eating your lunch I have already gone to bed. It is very cold here right now, 27 degrees, however, it is sunny and beautiful. I am staying with a host family in Gent, BE. Many of the buildings in Gent are from medieval times and the city has quaint cobbled streets and winding canals, it even has a real castle! On my second night here my new friends took me on a walking tour of the city. I even got try one of the most popular traditional Belgian dishes, Gentse stoverij, that is a beef stew in a rich broth and is served with fries and mayonnaise (not catchup). Well, I’m off to go try some of Belgium’s other popular foods, waffles and chocolates, yummy! I have sent a few pictures of my first few days in Gent and I will send more soon. Hope you are doing great in Seattle!
Sincerely,
Flat Harrison









No comments: